Sealed bids for the Moosic Borough 2022 Pave Project shall be submitted to the Moosic Borough Manager at the Moosic Borough Municipal Offices, 715 Main Street, Moosic, PA 18705 until 9:30 A.M. on Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at which time and date the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Moosic Borough Council will consider the bids for award at the regular monthly meeting of Moosic Borough Council scheduled for 7:00 P.M., Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at the above-noted location.
Briefly, bids are invited for the above-mentioned project, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Maintenance & Protection of Traffic & Misc. Incidental Contract Items
- Full-Width Profile Milling of Bituminous Pavement
- Base Repair, 6” of Subbase and 25mm WMA Superpave Base Course, 3” thickness to milled surface
- Level/Scratch Course, 9.5mm WMA Superpave, variable thickness, In Place
- Wearing Course, 9.5mm WMA Superpave, 2” thickness, In Place
- ADA Curb Ramp Construction
- Concrete Drive Adjustment, 6” PA DOT 2A Stone, 6” Class “AA” Concrete
- Asphalt Drive Adjustment, 6” PA DOT 2A Stone, 3” 25mm WMA Superpave, 1 ½” 9.5mm WMA Superpave
- Gravel Drive Restoration, 6” Thickness, Match Existing Gravel
- Lawn Restoration, 4” Topsoil, Formula “B” Seed, Soil Supplements and Mulch
- Standard Storm Inlet
- 12” SLCCP Storm Line
- 15” SLCCP Perforated Storm Line with Geotextile Wrap
- PA DOT 2A Trench Backfill
- Trench Pave Restoration with 6” PA DOT 2A Stone, 3” 25mm WMA Superpave
- Manhole and Storm Inlet Grade Adjustments
All as provided for within the contract documents and bid/proposal form.
Contract/Bid documents are on file and may be obtained for a non-refundable fee of $100.00 at the office of PennEastern Engineers, LLC at 165 North Wilkes-Barre Boulevard, Wilkes-Barre, PA between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
Prospective bidders are urged to familiarize themselves with the site and review the scope of work and contract documents. Any contractor, who does not do so and submits a bid, does so at his own risk.
Attention is called to the Pennsylvania Prevailing Minimum Wage requirements contained within the Bid Documents that are to be utilized for this project.
Bid proposals must be on the forms provided by Moosic Borough contained within the bid documents. Bid Security in an amount equal to ten percent (10%) of the total bid shall be submitted with each bid in accordance with the Contract Documents.
The successful bidder will be required to submit separate payment and performance bonds in amounts each equal to 100% of the contract price within 20 days of the contract being awarded and will also be required to submit a one-year maintenance bond in the amount of 100% of the contract price prior to final payment or any partial payment that reduces the balance owed to less than 10%.
The Successful Bidder shall commence work under the contract on a date to be specified in the Notice to Proceed, and fully complete the project within SIXTY (60) consecutive calendar days thereafter. The Successful Bidder shall pay, as liquidated damages, the sum of $500.00 for each consecutive calendar day thereafter.
This project is subject to the provisions of the “Steel Products Procurement Act” of March 3, 1978 (P.L. 6, No. 3) as amended.
Moosic Borough reserves the right to reject any or all bids or portion thereof or to waive informalities in the bidding.
Moosic Borough is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Bids may be held by the Borough of Moosic for a period not to exceed Sixty (60) days from the date of opening of the bids for the purpose of reviewing the bids prior to awarding the contract. In this period of time, no bidder may withdraw their bid.
BY: Jane Sterling, Borough Manager