Moosic Borough Hometown Heroes Banner Program
The Sons of American Legion Post 604 and the Borough of Moosic have created the Hometown Heroes Banner Program. A living tribute to recognize and honor residents and their family members who are serving, or are veterans who have served our country in the US Armed Forces. Banners will be displayed on street poles (Main Street, Spring Street, Birney Ave. & Rte. 502) throughout the course of two years to celebrate and remind the community of their dedication to our country.
Purpose and Description of Program:
The Hometown Heroes banners will be displayed from
SEPTEMBER 11, 2017 to the SUMMER of 2019.
- The Hometown Heroes Banners are funded through donations.
- The cost of each banner is $200.00 (including installation and removal)
- After the course of (2) years, the banner will be permanently removed and given to the serviceperson or family member.
Eligibility Criteria for Honorees
- Currently serving on active duty in the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard). For the purpose of this program, “Active Duty” is defined as twelve months of continuous service.
- Or a veteran who was honorably discharged or given their life serving in the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard).
- Permanent residency in Moosic Borough, OR
- Having a family member residing in Moosic Borough (spouse, parent, grandparent, child or siblings).
Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis by the Sons of American Legion Post 604.
Once the application is verified and funding for the banner has been received, the Borough will notify the applicant of the approval and create the banner.
The first round of Banners will be installed annually to coincide with September 11, 2017 recognition events. The applicant will be notified when the banner will be installed honoring the military service person or veteran.
How to Request a Banner
Submit your donation of $200.00 made payable to:
Moosic Borough Hometown Hero
715 Main Street, Moosic, PA 18507
Complete a request form including the service person’s name and branch of service. Include verification of the Moosic address of the service person or of the qualifying relative with a copy of the driver’s license or current utility bill. Sponsorship opportunities also available. Read more »
Include a high resolution 5”x7” or larger portrait-style photo of the service person in dress uniform to be displayed on the banner. (All hardcopy photos will be returned.)
Digital photos in a JPG or PNG 600 DPI resolution or better will be accepted by email at email@example.com If you do not have a photo, or wish to not use one, a symbolic ribbon will be used in its place.
Credits: Administered by Borough of Moosic Hometown Heroes Program and Sons of American Legion Post 604 Banner Program.
The Borough of Moosic is not responsible for replacing banners that are stolen, damaged, or destroyed due to age, vandalism, or any acts of nature including high winds. Any loss or damage to an installed banner will be handled at the discretion of the Borough of Moosic and Sons of American Legion Post 604.