Fire Department

Greenwood Hose Company #1
Emergency – DIAL 911
Non Emergency – (570) 961-9454

Fire Chief Charles Molinaro


The Greenwood Hose Company No. 1 was incorporated on July 16, 1900. Its purpose was to protect the lives and property in the Village of Greenwood and the Borough of Moosic from fire, natural disaster or whatever harm may have threatened the community. The department, like many others throughout the coal-mining region, was in existence to protect the coal company’s interest. The original home of the Greenwood Hose Co. No. 1 was at 3528 Birney Avenue, not far from the Greenwood Colliery which was located near the now Birney Plaza. The Colliery was later relocated to the rear of the now Lydon Lane, after a fire at the original location. read more >

Through the hard work and dedication of its membership and the support of the community, the Greenwood Hose Co. No 1 has proudly served for 100 years and hopes to continue for years to come.