Moosic Borough office will be closed on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 in observance of the Election day. However, the Department of Public Works Garbage and Recycling will be collected. Please have your garbage and recycling curbside by 7:00a.m.
During this mid-term election year, all 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives and 33 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate will be contested. PLEASE VOTE!!!!
Moosic Borough Mayor and Council wish all residents a safe and Happy Halloween. Please stay safe and watch out for our children on the borough streets.
This is a safe and fun way to celebrate Halloween. Join the Shoppes at Montage for the 12th Annual Trick or Treat Parade, Sunday, October 28, at 12:00pm to 2:00pm. Participating merchants will be passing out candy and novelties to children in costume 12 years old and under. Line up near parking lot adjacent to DSW Shoes.
Working Together: Stormwater Management
Flooding, whether it be inside your home or outside in your yard or street, can be dangerous, problematic, and at the very least, inconvenient.
Residents who have stormwater concerns in their yards or basements should call or submit a letter to the Borough office staff describing the problem in detail.
Borough staff will determine if the flooding is caused by an issue with the Borough’s infrastructure (storm and / or sanitary sewers) or a private property owner’s infrastructure. If the cause of flooding is determined to be a Borough infrastructure problem, the Borough is responsible for any short term repairs in a timely manner. If the cause of flooding is determined to be a property owner problem (such as a failed sump pump or altered landscaping), the property owner is responsible for the repairs.
Homeowner’s Guide to Stormwater Management:
• PLANT A TREE!
• Backyard Streams – Establish a buffer and plant trees and shrubs in your buffer zone.
• Vehicle Maintenance – By maintaining your car properly you can prevent oil leaks, heavy metals and toxic materials from traveling onto the streets.
• Lawn Care – LET YOUR GRASS CLIPPINS LAY! Don’t bag the grass mulch it.
• Pet Waste – Bag it! Dig a small trench in your yard where you pet tends to defecate and toss the waste in the trench, cover with a layer of leaves, grass clippings and dirt.
• Planters – Reduce impervious cover such as concrete sidewalks, parking lots.
• Rain Barrels – temporarily holding the stormwater run off.
• Rain Gardens & Wildflower Meadows – promotes grounding water infiltration.
• Dry Well – small, excavated ptis, filled with stone or gravel that temporarily stores stormwater runoff.
A building permit is required in Moosic Borough for new construction, or adding onto pre-existing structures and major renovations.
Building/Zoning permits are required for, but not limited to:
- Pools, Garages, Sheds, Fences, Additions
- Decks or Porches
- Sidewalks, Driveways and curb cuts
- Commercial Signs